Southwest Florida came together to celebrate the region’s exceptional nonprofits and their leaders, supporters and partners at the first Excellence in Nonprofit Performance Yearly Awards (ENPYs), presented by the Cape Coral Community Foundation at Crowne Plaza Bell Tower in Fort Myers. From 27 finalists selected by a panel of impartial, non-local judges following an online submission process, one winner was named in each of seven categories:
· Organization of the Year – Community Cooperative (received $750 from the Cape Coral Community Foundation)
· Rising Organization of the Year – Valerie’s House (received $750 from the Cape Coral Community Foundation)
· Executive of the Year – Samira Beckwith, Hope Healthcare
· Board Leader of the Year – Dean Piccirillo, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce
· Employee of the year – Megan Feeney, Goodwill Industries of SWFL
· Volunteer of the Year – Ingrid Fuller, Multicultural Centre of Southwest Florida
· Business Partner of the Year – Smart Companies
In addition, the Michel Doherty Community Impact Award was presented to Jeanne Sweeney, and the Paul Sanborn Service Above Self Award went to James Gravedoni.
Cape Coral Community Foundation President and CEO Michael Chatman said, “We are thrilled to bring the ENPYs to Southwest Florida as a meaningful way to recognize those organizations, individuals and businesses who go above and beyond to improve the quality of life of our community. They’re not motivated by recognition or awards, which makes it even more special to honor them with this celebration event. As an inaugural class, they set the bar awfully high for these awards in years to come.”
Sponsors the inaugural ENPYs award luncheon included Storm Smart, Cape Coral Community Foundation, LCEC, CONRIC PR & Marketing, Suncoast Beverage, News-Press Media Group, Wicked Dolphin, Premier Cape Construction, Lee Health Foundation, HBKS Wealth Advisors & HBK CPAs and Consultants, Regions Bank, Bank of the Ozarks, Rotary Club of Cape Coral, Michelle Doherty & Friends and Stroemer and Company.
The Cape Coral Community Foundation, also known as the Global Center for Generosity, is a nonprofit organization created to help generous civic-minded donors that make a positive impact on their community and beyond. It works to grow philanthropy and strengthen society by encouraging endowments, addressing public needs and providing community leadership. For more information, call (239) 542-5594 or visit CapeCoralCF.org.