The Lee County Medical Society recently recognized the winners of the 2017 Annual Medical Service and We Care Awards Program that honors outstanding Lee County physicians, medical staff and others in the industry. The awards dinner ceremony, emceed by NBC-2 Evening News Anchor Kellie Burns, was held at Lexington Country Club in Fort Myers on Jan. 27.
Physician award winners:
– Citizenship and Community Service Award – Mary Kay Peterson, M.D., Director of Women’s Imaging at Radiology Regional Center.
– Scientific Achievement Award – Michael Katin, M.D., Radiation Oncology Physician at 21st Century Oncology.
– Health Education Award – Judith Hartner, M.D., Retired Director of the Florida Department of Health in Lee County.
– Leadership & Professionalism Award – Stephen Hannan, M.D., Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Physician at Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine Specialists of SW Florida.
– Rising Physician Award – Mark Bloomston, M.D., Surgical Oncologist at 21st Century Oncology.
– Lifetime Achievement Award – Richard Chazal, M.D., Invasive Cardiologist and Medical Director of the Heart and Vascular Institute at Lee Physician Group/Lee Health.
– In Memory of an Outstanding Physician Award – Jack Bartlett, M.D., Founder of Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida.
Non-physician award winners:
– Ann Wilke, retired Executive Director of Lee County Medical Society – Non-Physician Award of Appreciation (nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other medical staff).
– Elaine Hawkins, CRM, President & CEO of Private Client Insurance Services – Distinguished Layperson’s Service Award (medical support staff, medical administration and medical education).
We Care of Lee County Award:
– Joint Implant Surgeons of Florida, specializing in comprehensive orthopedics.
Lee County Medical Society is located at 13770 Plantation Road, Suite 1, in Fort Myers. Call (239) 936-1645. Online at www.LCMSFL.org.