For the second year in a row, the Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR) Global Business Committee was awarded the prestigious Platinum Council Status by the National Association of Reltors (NAR) Global Achievement Program. Started in 2009, the NABOR Global Business Committee works to connect members with resources that help them serve clients from around the globe and build members’ awareness of the global and multicultural business opportunities in the local markets.
“Our committee is extremely proud to receive Platinum Council status again,” said Chair Al DiNicola, who went on to add that “we intend to continue to work hard for our members, ensuring they always have the tools and support to perform at the highest level.”
In addition to tracking international buying trends and keeping members aware of changes in laws and regulations affecting all property transactions involving foreign buyers and sellers, the Global Business Committee, under the direction of Chairman DiNicola and Vice-Chair Linda Roberts, initiated or hosted stand-out achievements in 2016, including:
- Several presentations that focused on the Canadian culture. One such event was with Laura Leyser, past president of both the Canadian and Ontario Real Estate Association, who spoke about Canadian life and how the exchange rate will affect real estate purchasing.
- Outreach classes and communication efforts to inform members and the public of the changes to the Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act.
- A well-received presentation that expanded member knowledge of Asian culture and included participation from several local college professors visiting from China.
- A well-attended international food festival.
- A Certified International Property Specialist class.
- Presentations to expand member knowledge of German buyers.
- Seminars to keep members current on immigration law, fair housing, and diversity.
- A Meet-and-Greet Cocktail Reception for Canadian Realtors at the 2016 National Association of Realtors® convention in Orlando.