CLA continues to work with leaders in the financial industry to bring you the latest information affecting the markets. Today our chief wealth advisory officer, Clayton Bland, talks with the chief investment strategist at Charles Schwab, Liz Ann Sonders, about the current economic state and general investment strategies given the upcoming election.
- Clayton Bland, Chief Wealth Advisory Officer, CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC
- Liz Ann Sonders, Chief Investment Strategist, Charles Schwab
What we talked about:
- Unwind in the market: The simple rotation
- Volatility risk – How to ignore it? How to measure the potential impact?
- Political risk – What is the near- and long-term impact to investors?
- Policy risk – Will the fed take their foot off the printing press?
- Pandemic risk — What is the impact to investors?
- Equity risk premium
- Are the big four really “tech” or do they actually represent the current economy?
- What sectors will benefit if we get a sustained economic recover?
- Fixed income
- Traditional 60/40 portfolio – Is that mix going to work going forward and how do traditional “balanced” investors take on more risk?
- What trends of today do you see lasting into the future? Can we expect to revert back to “normal” (working in the office, traveling without concern, consumer entertainment spending etc.)?