**The SBA recently released the following information:
SBA provides affordable disaster loans to homeowners and renters for their uninsured or underinsured disaster losses. All disaster survivors referred to the SBA Disaster Loan Program should apply to determine the appropriate type of federal disaster assistance they may receive. There is no cost to apply, and applicants are under no obligation to accept a loan if they qualify for assistance. An SBA disaster loan may be your best and most affordable option to fully repair your damaged home and replace your personal property.
Homeowners and renters are encouraged to submit their SBA disaster loan application, even if they are not sure they will need or want a loan. In most cases, if SBA cannot approve your application, you will be referred back to FEMA to be considered for possible additional grant assistance.
- Homeowners can borrow up to $200,000 to repair or replace their damaged primary residence.
- Homeowners and renters can borrow up to $40,000 to replace damaged personal property, including vehicles.
You are encouraged to apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://
disasterloanassistance.sba. gov/ela/s/. To complete the application, make sure you have the following information:
- Updated contact information, including phone numbers;
- Social Security Number and FEMA registration number;
- Insurance information, including company name, address, and policy number;
- Financial information including income, creditor names, monthly payments, and balances.
SBA customer service representatives are available to help you by phone, e-mail, or in person at a disaster recovery center (DRC) in your area. To speak with a customer service representative, call 1-800-659-2955 or email disastercustomerservice@sba.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services. To learn more about the SBA Disaster Loan Program, please visit www.sba.gov/disasterassistance
Apply Now for SBA Disaster Loan Assistance. There is no need to delay your application until your insurance settlement is final, we strongly encourage you not to wait until the application deadline nears or until you are in immediate need of funds to apply for assistance.