Lee County has identified $25 million in emergency relief funds to support businesses hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds are available as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act federal stimulus package. In Phase 2 of the County’s business assistance program Lee county will provide emergency financial support through the Lee CARES Business Assistance Program for Job Creation (Business Rehire) Grant Program fro qualified business that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $5,000 grants per rehire with maximum grants of $10,000 for businesses with 10 or less employees for hiring up to 2 FTEs.
- $5,000 grants per rehire with maximum grants of $20,000 per business with between 11 and 250 employees for hiring up to 4 FTEs.
- $2,000 of each job grant may be accessed once the FTE position is back on the payroll on July 6th or, afterwards. The other $3,000 of each job grant may be accessed once the FTE position has been retained for 60 days.
Paycheck Protection Program Details
- Businesses must certify that their payroll coverage period has expired
- If you payroll period has expired and you wish to use this grant to keep your PPP covered employees, you must complete the PPP Form in the Required Documents section.
Program Requirements/ Eligibility
- Rehire/hire at least one (1) full-time equivalent (FTE) job (One FTE equals two Part-Time jobs with a minimum of 20 hours per part time employee) Note: FTE are W-2 only, etc 1099’s are not considered employees (FTE rehire cannot include business owner, investor or their immediate family members)
- The position must be hired/rehired after July 6th, 2020
- A minimum wage of $10/hour per position is required (NOTE: FL Min. Wage is $8.56/hr. Not applicable to Wait Staff Positions)
- If an employee is no longer available, a new employee may fill that position.
Eligible Funding Activities
- Working capital expenses (e.g., rent, utilities, payroll, insurance, inventory)
- Business related professional services (e.g., accounting marketing, software, legal assistance)
- Employee Training
- For more information regarding the LeeCares Business Rehire Grant application visit www.leeflcares.com
- You may also call 239-533-CARES (2273)
- available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m – 5 p.m.