Through the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund, the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) will provide grants to restaurant industry employees who have been adversely impacted by COVID-19, financially, whether through a decrease in wages or loss of employment.
Apply for a grant starting Thursday, April 2, 2020
Each approved grant is $500, one per person only
See Eligibility Requirements listed below:
Grants will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis to those individuals who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria, as reviewed and verified by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF). Subject to the availability of funds contributed to the Fund, a one-time grant of $500 will be disbursed directly to the applicant following NRAEF’s review and confirmation that their submitted application meets the prescribed guidelines. Awards will be limited to one grant per person.
Funds will be available for restaurant employees who can demonstrate that they:
- Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year; and
- Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
- Have experienced a decrease in wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020; and
- Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory; and
- Are over the age of legal majority in their U.S. state or territory.
Individuals related to employees or board members of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation or National Restaurant Association are not eligible for grants from this Fund.
Your Need For Funds
These one-time grants are intended to help offset short-term COVID-19 related financial hardships, such as paying any of the following expenses:
- Home rent or mortgage
- Car payments or transportation costs
- Utility bills
- Student loan payments
- Child care
- Medical bills
Applications are open on April 2, 2020. To Apply visit: https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/