SARASOTA, Fla.— Storm Smart donated $20,000 to All Faiths Food Bank in Sarasota. A check was presented by Executive Chairman Brian Rist on April 22, 2020.
This comes after the hurricane protection leader sponsored the IslandWalk at the West Villages’ annual 5K run/race, which raises funds for All Faiths. Currently, All Faiths is hosting its Campaign Against Summer Hunger for children in need of food. This annual fundraiser has started early, due to coronavirus-causing school closures.
“Recently, Storm Smart recorded public service announcements for our local market and was looking for ways to help out Sarasota and surrounding counties, particularly amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” Rist said. “We quickly discovered that All Faiths Food Bank is making a great impact in Sarasota and DeSoto counties by serving over 66,000 people. Our contribution will continue such a worthwhile initiative at a time when the whole world is being called on to help others.”
Storm Smart’s donation will go toward:
- 40% of the food bank’s new clients from mobile pantry distributions
- An average 28% of new families at each of five school pantries
- Additional trucks of canned meats, fruit and vegetables for food boxes that are being delivered throughout Sarasota and DeSoto counties
- 350 boxes of food per week that the food bank is providing to families of the Boys and Girls Club, Children First and Girls Inc. (supplements a family of four for a week)
- 5,075 bags of nutritious food that are packed by the food bank each week and distributed to children at various partnership locations throughout the community
For more information on how funds are being allocated, visit https://www.allfaithsfoodbank.org. For more information on Storm Smart’s donation, call (239) 938-1000.
About Storm Smart
Storm Smart’s innovative products have launched the company to become the largest manufacturer and installer of code-approved hurricane protection products in Florida, with more than 80,000 customers in Florida, the Caribbean, Mexico and Guam, since opening its doors in Fort Myers in 1996. The company has a long list of accomplishments, including being named 2016 Distributor of the Year and 2015 Manufacturer of the Year, both by the Southwest Regional Manufacturers Association, as well as Nonprofit Business Partner of the Year by the Cape Coral Community Foundation.
Storm Smart and its business family of enterprises are headquartered at 2830 Winkler Avenue in Fort Myers. Storm Smart manufactures its products at its three-plant campus located at 6182 Idlewild Street in Fort Myers. The company also has two showrooms in Southwest Florida, located at 11040 Plantation Road in Fort Myers, and in Naples at 2400 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Unit 102. For more information, call (239) 938-1000. Online at StormSmart.com.