- Enterprise Florida, Inc. (EFI) recently announced the suspension of initial fees for its Microfinance Loan Guarantee Program to support Florida’s small business community impacted by COVID-19. Interested businesses must apply through a local lender. For further information please contact your lender or visit Enterprise Florida’s website.
FLORIDA OFFICE OF FINANCIAL REGULATION
- The Office of Financial Regulation (OFR) has issued Emergency Order 2020-03 temporarily expanding the motor vehicle retail installment initial payment rule.
- OFR has issued Emergency Order 2020-02 extending certain filing deadlines for Florida’s financial services providers.
- OFR has issued Emergency Order 2020-01 extending certain renewal deadlines for money services businesses.
- OFR has provided guidance for consumer finance businesses and professionals.
- OFR has provided guidance and an operational update for Florida’s securities businesses and professionals.
- OFR has provided informational guidance and an update to Florida’s financial institutions.
- OFR has created helpful resource lists for businesses and individuals to contact their financial services providers:
- Find more information on OFR’s COVID-19 response and available resources here.
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- The Department of Management Services (DMS) launched a dedicated telework page to provide resources and tutorials for employees and employers operating in a remote work environment.
- At the Governor’s direction, DMS Secretary Jonathan Satter issued an emergency order to ensure federal benefits granted through The Families First Coronavirus Response Act are available to employees.
- As directed in Executive Order 20-52, DMS has amended the state employee health plan benefits plan documents to expand covered telehealth benefits at no additional employee cost.
- Also directed in Executive Order 20-52, DMS has amended the state employee health plan benefits plan documents to cover immunizations at participating in-network retail pharmacies at no cost to the member during this public health emergency.
- Find more information on DMS’ COVID-19 response here.
- Paper reemployment assistance applications are available at career centers statewide. Florida’s local workforce development boards are working with community partners, libraries, local legislators and other organizations for additional application distribution.
- CareerSource Florida has launched an integrated public and business outreach campaign, Help is Here, a comprehensive resource for employment and business services for impacted Floridians.
- For a list of the 24 local workforce development boards within the CareerSource Florida network and their contact information, please click here.
- Find more information on CareerSource Florida’s response to COVID-19 here.